Other foundations working on programs that address settlement barriers include: * The Kitchener Waterloo Community Foundation was one of the earliest funders of Waterloo Region Immigrant Employment Network (WRIEN), in the community-wide effort to attract, support, and recognize immigrant talent; * The Calgary Foundation's Immigrant Access Fund (IAF) provides loans of up ,$5,000 to fund an accreditation process that allows immigrants to work where they are most needed.
What does WRIEN stand for?
WRIEN stands for Waterloo Region Immigrant Employment Network (Canada)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
- Western Regional Instrumentation Centre (Bombay, India)
- Western Regional Institute for Community Oriented Public Safety (Washington State University Spokane)
- Washington Regional Institute for Clinical and Translational Science
- Water Resources and Irrigation Development
- Water Resources Information Database (California)
- White River Irrigation District (Arkansas)
- Wisconsin Registered Interior Designer (Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing)
- Work Related Injury Department
- Western Region Interpreter Education Center (Oregon and California)
- World Risk and Insurance Economics Congress
- Water Resources Investment Fund (California)
- White River Indie Films (Vermont)
- Wild Rose Independent Film Festival (Des Moines, IA)
- Wound-Rotor Induction Generator
- WHO (World Health Organization) Research Into Global Hazards of Travel
- Work Related Ill Health
- War-Related Illness and Injury Study Center
- Workplace Rights Information Line (State Government of Victoria; Australia)
- Western Reserve Independent Living Center (Warren, OH; disabled support)
- Wheat Ridge Internal Medicine (est. 1994; Wheat Ridge, CO)