In this case, the water-gas shift reaction is replaced to suppress the CO2 emission.
What does WGS stand for?
WGS stands for Water-Gas Shift
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WGS
We have 71 other meanings of WGS in our Acronym Attic
- Wielkopolska Gielda Rolno Ogrodnicza (Polish: greater stock exchange; Poland)
- Working Group on Phytoplankton Ecology (Oceanography Committee; International Council for the Exploration of the Sea; Denmark)
- W. G. Rhea Public Library (Paris, TN)
- Wisconsin Garden Railway Society (est. 1990)
- Working Group on Romanization Systems (UN)
- World Geographic Reference System (aka GEOREF)
- Working Group on Radio Site Clearance (UK)
- Website Graphics R Us (UK)
- Writings from the Greco-Roman World
- Wallops Ground Station
- Waveguide Section
- Weather Graphics Switch
- Wee Gordon Strachan (Gordon Strachan)
- WellPoint Group Systems (transaction processing)
- Westbourne Grammar School
- Wet Gevaarlijke Stoffen (Dutch: law on harmful material transport)
- When God Speaks
- While Guthix Sleeps (online gaming)
- White German Shepherd (dog breed)
- White Girl Status
Samples in periodicals archive:
It was noted that the rate of the water-gas shift reaction was fast relative to the Fischer-Tropsch reaction.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison recently announced that professor James Dumesic, postdoctural researcher Won Bae Kim and graduate students Tobias Voitl and Gabriel Rodriguez-Rivera have discovered a way to eliminate the water-gas shift step, which generates steam to react with carbon monoxide (CO), in the hydrocarbon hydrogen enrichment process for fuel cell gas streams.