While the State Water Resources department (previously known as the irrigation department) has claimed that it has incurred a sum of Rs42,534 crore on increasing irrigation potential from 2001 to 2002 and from 2010 to 2011, while the fact remained an expenditure of Rs45,930 crore was incurred.
What does WRD stand for?
WRD stands for Water Resources Department (various locations)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WRD
We have 47 other meanings of WRD in our Acronym Attic
- West River Cooperative Telephone Company (South Dakota)
- Waterloo Regional Credit Union (Canada)
- Wireless Remote Control Unit
- White Ribbon Campaign of Vermont (anti-abuse organization)
- W. D. Ward Bus Service
- Warranty Reserve Determination
- Water Replenishment District (California)
- Water Rescue Dog (competition title; Newfoundland Club of America)
- Water Resource Database (various organizations)
- Water Resource Division
- WaterCooled Racing Development (California)
- Weapons Release Distance
- White Ribbon Day (various locations)
- White River Dental (Batesville, AR)
- Wildlife Resource Document (Texas)
- Wireless Reading Device
- World Rabies Day
- World Run Day (Long Beach, NY)
- Weapon Research, Development, And Testing
- Water Reducing Admixture (concrete)
Samples in periodicals archive:
I had taken a stand to keep myself away from the council of ministers when the water resources department was preparing the White Paper.
Meanwhile, the NCP has begun targeting Vijay Pandhare, the chief engineer in the state water resources department, who put Ajit Pawar in the dock by alleging that political intervention had allowed dubious contractors to hike the costs of irrigation projects and dams, and carry out bad- quality construction, posing a danger to thousands of villagers.
earlier this month told the state Water Resources Department that it wants permission to withdraw 10.
In addition to the lack of rainfall, excessive sand dredging was also to blame for the situation as water levels have dropped with the riverbed, making it harder to pump out groundwater, said an expert with the province's water resources department.
The home secretary-level meeting will be followed by a similar meeting of commerce secretaries in April and then by water resources department officials.