Federal numeric water quality standards being proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency "could lead to more costly and stringent limits on nutrient runoff to waters that ultimately contribute to the Mississippi River," according to the American Farm Bureau Federation.
What does WQS stand for?
WQS stands for Water Quality Standard
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of WQS
We have 11 other meanings of WQS in our Acronym Attic
- Work Queue Request (computer architecture communications)
- Work Queue with Replication (data processing)
- Worldwide Quality Register
- Water Quality Research Australia Limited
- West Quaker Ridge Association (New York)
- Water Quality Research Journal
- Water Quality for River-Reservoir Systems
- WAN (Wide Area Network) Quick Start (training guide; Cisco)
- Water Quality Sampling System
- Water Quality Section (various locations)
- World Qualifying Series (surfing competition)
- World Quality Services (est. 1998; food production)
- Water Quality Settlement Agreement
- Watch Quarter Station Bill (US Coast Guard)
- Western Quebec School Board (Canada)
- Water Quality Steering Committee
- Water Quality Standards Database
- Water Quality Sampling Plan
- Water Quality Sampling Program
- Wide Quad Super EXtended Graphics Array
Samples in periodicals archive:
EPA has approved new and revised Nebraska water quality standards to support recreational activities and protect aquatic life.
The project will improve water quality standards and energy efficiency in the water supply services provided in Bishkek.
Most recreational water quality standards are aimed at protecting beachgoers against accidental ingestion of or skin contact with water contaminated by fecal material.
I've got 20 years worth of my own water sampling," says Cole, who continues to conduct water quality standards testing as part of his company's licensing requiring and also keeps a fish veterinarian on retainer to monitor water quality and fish health.
Kubena will speak on "Strategy for Water Quality Standards and Criteria: Strengthening the Foundation of Programs to Protect and Restore the Nation's Waters.
Beaches in the North of England and Scotland failing the minimum water quality standards have increased dramatically compared with last year's results, says The Marine Conservation Society.