2018 would prevent EPA from second-guessing or delaying a state's CWA permitting and water quality certification decisions if EPA has already approved a state's program.
What does WQC stand for?
WQC stands for Water Quality Certification
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WQC
We have 19 other meanings of WQC in our Acronym Attic
- Water Quality Analysis Unit
- Water Quality Analysis Unit - Purification
- Water Quality Association of Wisconsin
- Water Quality Advisory Work Group (Texas)
- Water Quality Board
- Waterloo Quarter Business Alliance (UK)
- Water Quality-Based Effluent Limits
- Arizona Water Quality Center (NSF)
- Underwater Telephone
- Wales Quality Centre (UK)
- Water Quality Criteria
- Weak Quantization Condition
- World Quality Commitment (convention)
- Water Quality Control Act (various locations)
- Water Quality Cooperative Agreements (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Water Quality Critical Area (public water supply reservoir adjacent land)
- Washington Quarter Century Broadcasters' Club (est. 1976)
- Water Quality Control Board
- Water Quality Control Commission
- Water Quality Criteria Document
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Susan Palmer The Register-Guard The state will hold a hearing and invite public comment on the draft water quality certification for the Carmen-Smith Hydroelectric Project, which is in the process of being re licensed.
The granting of a water quality certification was included in the decision.
93) In 1994, eight environmental organizations, headed by the Oregon Natural Desert Association (ONDA), filed suit, (94) alleging that the Forest Service violated the Clean Water Act by issuing the federal grazing permit without obtaining a water quality certification from the state of Oregon stating that the permit would not lead to a violation of the state's water quality standards.
To move forward with its proposal, Life Technologies also must receive wetlands fill approval from the Department of State Lands and obtain water quality certification from the Department of Environmental Quality, Clemans said.
How Does Section 401 State Water Quality Certification Work?