They range from ocean tugs, small transports, and landing ships, to patrol crafts, submarine chasers, and self-propelled water barges.
What does YW stand for?
YW stands for Water Barge (Self-Propelled)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of YW
We have 1 other meaning of YW in our Acronym Attic
- Yarra Valley Water (Australia)
- You're Very Welcome
- Youth Volunteering Wychavon (Wychavon, Worcestershire, UK)
- Yadkin Valley Winegrowers Association (North Carolina)
- Yucaipa Valley Water District (California)
- Yadkin Valley Wine Festival (Elkin, NC)
- Yadkin Valley Wine Trail (North Carolina)
- Youth Video Exchange Network
- Deer Lake, Ontario, Canada (Airport Code)
- District Barge, Water (US Navy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2003 it also waved bon voyage to its largest vessel, Blade Runner II - a 75m motorised shallow water barge to be used to transport wind turbine blades from Newport to Southampton.
These services cover a wide range of support craft including tugs, fuel and water barges, and rigid hull inflatable boats deployed around the world.
Instead of such a long drawn out plan, which would require immense resources and time, why not ply water barges down the same route?
Our compensating ballast water barge is a converted yard oiler barge," said Terrence Barton, Naval Station Everett environmental protection specialist.
Each offshore spread was complemented with fresh water barges for mud make-up, flat-top barges for mud mixing and recycling, hopper barges for cuttings disposal, and the tug boats, supply boats and crew boats necessary to keep the operation running.