George Washington National Forest, Virginia: "The film Gasland has exposed the impacts of hydraulic fracturing, a method of natural gas extraction linked to the contamination of water supplies; fracking could be on its way to the Southeast's largest public forest and the source of clean water for many Shenandoah Valley communities.
What does WNF stand for?
WNF stands for Washington National Forest (North Cascades National Park; Washington)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WNF
We have 19 other meanings of WNF in our Acronym Attic
- Women's National Emergency League (Australia)
- Wisconsin Nutrition Education Program (University of Wisconsin, Extension)
- Western New England Professional Horseman's Association
- Western New England Preparatory School Athletic Association
- Western New England Prep School Soccer Association
- Wells National Estuarine Research Reserve (Wells, ME)
- West Northfield Elementary School (Canada)
- Windows Networking
- Wireless Networks and Emerging Technologies (international conference)
- Women's Network for Entrepreneurial Training
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Northwest Forest Pass allows its holders to park at participating trailheads, rustic camping areas, boat launches, picnic areas and visitor centers in Oregon and Washington National Forests and the North Cascades National Park Service Complex.
PAYING TO PLAY Major recreation passes: Northwest Forest Pass: The most comprehensive pass in the Northwest, it allows parking at hundreds of participating trailheads, rustic camping areas, boat launches, picnic areas and visitor centers in Oregon and Washington national forests and the North Cascades National Park Service Complex.
Five are located within the Jefferson and George Washington National Forests.
The nearby Brandywine Lake campground, operated by the Dry River Ranger District of George Washington National Forest, is a fine place to bed down "amid the culture.