His readiness to challenge Roosevelt and the State Department resulted in the creation of the War Refugee Board.
What does WRB stand for?
WRB stands for War Refugee Board
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WRB
We have 41 other meanings of WRB in our Acronym Attic
- Western Residents Against Toxic Dump
- Warner-Robins Automatic Test Equipment
- Waste and Resources Assessment Tool for the Environment (UK)
- Who Really And Truly Gives A Stuff (polite form)
- Water Rights Application Tracking System
- Wing and Rotor Aeroelastic Test System (US NASA)
- Waste Reduction and Technology Transfer (Foundation)
- Waste Reduction Assessment and Technology Transfer (Waste Reduction Assistance Program; Knoxville, TN)
- Wide Range Assessment of Visual Motor Abilities
- Work Readiness Alternatives Workshop (vocational rehabilitation)
- Warranty Review Board
- Water Resistant Board (construction)
- Water Resistive Barrier (material)
- Weather-Resistant-Barrier (Exterior Window, Door and Skylight installation)
- Web Request Broker
- William Raggio Building (University of Nevada)
- Wissenschaftliche Regionalbibliothek (German: Scientific Regional Library; Germany)
- Work Roll Bending (mills)
- World Rally Blue (Subaru car color)
- World Reference Base
Samples in periodicals archive:
newspapers were increasingly reporting despite the State Department's efforts to tamp down on eyewitness accounts--denounced anti-Semitism, set up the War Refugee Board, and pressed the king of Saudi Arabia, without success, to accept Jewish resettlement in Palestine.
He received $200,000 from the War Refugee Board in Washington and other support for his rescue mission.
Perlzweig to Pehle, July 21, 1944, Box 33, War Refugee Board Papers, Franklin D.
government's War Refugee Board convinced Rumania to move 48,000 Jews out of the path of the retreating German Army.
After all, it was pressure from within his own administration that led him belatedly to create the War Refugee Board, which saved hundreds of thousands of Jewish lives.
For example, the confidential report outlining American "acquiescence" in the murder of European Jewry delivered by Secretary of the Treasury Henry Morgenthau to President Franklin Roosevelt in 1943 certainly contributed to FDR's decision to establish the War Refugee Board.