The Supreme Court turned back the NRA's army, led by a general, appropriately enough, one Hugh Johnston, who drafted the Selective Service Act instituting conscription and ran Woodrow Wilson's War Industries Board.
What does WIB stand for?
WIB stands for War Industries Board
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of WIB
We have 34 other meanings of WIB in our Acronym Attic
- Web Investigations and Security Agency
- Workforce Investment Act Standardized Record Data
- War Is Also Terrorism
- Wechsler Individual Achievement Test
- Woods In and Around Towns (Forestry Commission Scotland; UK)
- Wolfson Image Analysis Unit (UK)
- Windows Installer Application Virtualization Extension
- What Is and What Should Never Be (Led Zeppelin song)
- Waktu Indonesia Barat (Western Indonesian time zone)
- Walking in Beauty (various locations)
- Watercraft Inspection Branch
- Weekly Information Bulletin (UK)
- Weekly Intelligence Bulletin (US DoD)
- Wellington Infantry Battalion (Wellington, New Zealand)
- Western Independent Bankers (San Francisco, CA)
- Whidbey Island Bank (Oak Harbor, WA)
- White Iron Band
- Wigald Boning (German comedian)
- Wireless Internet Browser
- Wisconsin Independent Businesses (est. 1977)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Wilson administration's implicit totalitarianism was made plain in an August 7, 1918 statement by Bernard Baruch, chairman of the War Industries Board.
9) Bernard Baruch, "The War Industries Board in Lecture at the Army War College, 12 February 1924.
He offered his services to the Governor and the President, and was asked to serve on the War Industries Board.
Like other agencies, such as the Treasury Department and the War Industries Board, the Food Administration staged public demonstrations as a way of building support for its programs and issued floods of propaganda.
Bernard Baruch, chairman of Wilson's War Industries Board, was typical of that Power Elite.