The legendary astronaut was born on August 5, 1930, near Wapakoneta, Ohio.
What does WAPAK stand for?
WAPAK stands for Wapakoneta, Ohio
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- We Are Perth Army (gaming clan)
- Western Area Power Administration (DOE)
- Wet Annular Poison Assembly
- Windows Azure Platform Appliance (Microsoft)
- Wisconsin Academy of Physician Assistants
- Wisconsin Chapter American Planning Association
- Worldwide Aircraft Propeller Association
- Wyoming Association of Physician Assistants
- Wisconsin Association of Professional Agricultural Consultants (Madison, WI)
- Widening Adult Participation Action Fund (UK)
- Workload and Productivity Analysis
- Washington Area Performing Arts Video Archive (Arlington, VA)
- Wireless Access Point Bridge
- Waldorf Astoria Park City (Park City, UT)
- Western Australia Planning Commission
- Wheelabrator Air Pollution Control
- Wireless Access Point Card
- Wisconsin Association for Perinatal Care
- Wisconsin Association of Public, Education, and Government Access Channels, Inc.
- World Aim Point Catalog
Samples in periodicals archive:
5, 1930, in Wapakoneta, Ohio, Armstrong was the first of three children of Stephen and Viola Armstrong.
Born in August 1930 on a farm near Wapakoneta, Ohio, Armstrong developed a fascination with aviation at six when he first flew in a plane.
On July 19, the carving was moved and completed at the Neil Armstrong Air and Space Museum in nearby Wapakoneta, Ohio, where it was displayed next to the world's largest Moon Pie as part of the Wapakoneta: First to the Moon Celebration.
Kamecke also visited Armstrong's home town of Wapakoneta, Ohio, the day before his homecoming parade, where a chance meeting gave the filmmaker another fascinating insight into the Moon landing: "We happened to have Armstrong's address and so we drove out and there, sitting on the porch was an old woman," Theo remembers.
For Neil Armstrong, this 250,000 mile epic journey to the moon and back began in Wapakoneta, Ohio, where he was born Aug.