This true green semiconductor laser diode is highly reliable as it realizes wall-plug efficiency of over 8%.
What does WPE stand for?
WPE stands for Wall-Plug Efficiency
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of WPE
We have 52 other meanings of WPE in our Acronym Attic
- Working Party on Domestic Regulation (World Trade Organization)
- Watershed Protection and Development Review Department (Austin, TX)
- Winter Peak Demand Reduction Scheme
- Workshop on Parallel and Distributed Real Time Systems
- Welding Procedure Data Sheet (Canadian Welding Bureau)
- Wireless Packet Data Service
- William Pitt Debating Union (University of Pittsburgh; Pennsylvania)
- Working Pack Dog Excellent
- Wakil Perusahaan Efek (Indonesian: Securities Companies Representatives)
- Walker Process Equipment (Aurora, IL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The 91% wall-plug efficiency proves high power efficiency of the supplies and long lifespan proves the power supplies' reliability.
Consequently, whereas the "wall-plug efficiency"--what you get out of a laser compared with the energy put into it-for a disk or fiber-type is on the order of 25% (and know that this is really a big gain compared to the efficiencies realized as few as five years ago), the direct-diode laser should have a wall-plug efficiency on the order of 40%.
Working in collaboration with experts from Samsung Electro-Mechanics, the researchers have achieved an 18 percent increase in light output and a 22 percent increase in wall-plug efficiency, which essentially measures the amount of electricity the LED converts into light.
The unit features high wall-plug efficiency (greater than 10%) and diode life exceeding 100,210 hours.
DL Series systems are turnkey air-cooled systems that provide unequaled reliability, compact design, high wall-plug efficiency, excellent brightness, and operability in a variety of ambient conditions.