In addition to the all-new ASIMO and the task-performing robot arm introduced today, the previously introduced the walking assist device with stride management system which supports walking for people with weakened leg muscles, the bodyweight support assist system which reduces the load on legs by supporting part of the bodyweight, and the U3-X, a compact one-wheel-drive mobility device that provides free movement in all directions, are examples of product applications resulting from the application of bipedal technology and balance control technology amassed through the research and development of ASIMO.
What does WAD stand for?
WAD stands for Walking Assist Device (Honda)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WAD
We have 88 other meanings of WAD in our Acronym Attic
- Wisconsin Association of Confessing United Methodists (Middleton)
- Workshop on Applications of Computer Vision
- Women's Army Corps Veterans' Association
- Western Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus
- Williamsburg Area Convention and Visitors Bureau (Virginia)
- Wisconsin Association of Concerned Veteran Organizations
- Walk in Advice Centre for Youth (UK)
- Wyoming Association for Creative Youth (Riverton, WY)
- Western Area Conference of Young People in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Western Area Children and Young Peoples Committee (Northern Ireland, UK; family services)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Honda's walking assist device picked for exhibit in N.
is demonstrating its prototype walking assist devices for the first time in the U.
will showcase an experimental model of a walking assist device which could support walking for the elderly and other people with weakened leg muscles*, at the International Trade Fair on Barrier Free Equipments & Rehabilitation for the Elderly & the Disabled (BARRIER FREE 2008) which will be held at Intex Osaka, Friday, April 25 through Sunday, April 27, 2008 (Organizers: Osaka Prefecture Council of Social Welfare and Television Osaka Inc.