Elimination of WAMs and Discretionary Funds Corbett will eliminate the use of discretionary funds, known as walking around money or WAMs, which are used to finance pet projects.
What does WAM stand for?
WAM stands for Walking Around Money
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of WAM
We have 162 other meanings of WAM in our Acronym Attic
- Weapons and Launcher Test Set (US Navy)
- Windsor Area Long Range Transportation Study (Canada)
- Warthin-Like Tumor of the Thyroid
- Web-Assisted Learning and Teaching of Tamil (University of Pennsylvania)
- Weighted Average Loan to Value
- Wonderful Alternating Phase Technique for Zero Residual Splittings
- War Agency Liquidation Unit (US DOI)
- Perwakilan Umat Buddha Indonesia
- Water and Land Use Planning (California)
- Wait A Minute
Samples in periodicals archive:
In these hard times I wonder if maybe we could spare Jed Clampett a little walking around money from our overflowing coffers?
Now's your chance to move to the country & buy a business where you never have to worry about having walking around money in your pocket or purse.