TWO long-established businesses, based in Newport and Llanelli, have been honoured by the Wales Quality Centre for their work in protecting the future of Welsh manufacturing.
What does WQC stand for?
WQC stands for Wales Quality Centre (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WQC
We have 19 other meanings of WQC in our Acronym Attic
- Water Quality Analysis Set - Preventive Medicine
- Water Quality Analysis Unit
- Water Quality Analysis Unit - Purification
- Water Quality Association of Wisconsin
- Water Quality Advisory Work Group (Texas)
- Water Quality Board
- Waterloo Quarter Business Alliance (UK)
- Water Quality-Based Effluent Limits
- Arizona Water Quality Center (NSF)
- Underwater Telephone
- Water Quality Certification
- Water Quality Criteria
- Weak Quantization Condition
- World Quality Commitment (convention)
- Water Quality Control Act (various locations)
- Water Quality Cooperative Agreements (Environmental Protection Agency)
- Water Quality Critical Area (public water supply reservoir adjacent land)
- Washington Quarter Century Broadcasters' Club (est. 1976)
- Water Quality Control Board
- Water Quality Control Commission
Samples in periodicals archive:
CHAIRMAN of the Wales Quality Centre (WQC) - the not-forprofit organisation established to improve the competitiveness of Welsh business - is to step down.
Mr Kane, Wales Quality Centre Chairman, said enterprises which failed to heed the warning signs were in danger of becoming "business backwaters".
The advice comes from Vincent Kane, chairman of the Wales Quality Centre (WQC), which champions excellence in the public and private sector.
Vincent Kane, chairman of the Wales Quality Centre, said: "Entrepreneurs are people who make things happen.
AT this year's event the Wales Quality Centre will be celebrating and hosting four awards: | The Wales Quality Award | The Wales Innovation Award | Future Entrepreneur Awards 2012 | The EESW Student of the Year 2012/13 The Wales Quality Award The Wales Quality Centre's mission is to celebrate business excellence and continuous business improvement and to promote and encourage these qualities in every sector of the Welsh economy.
David Phillips, Wales Quality Centre chief executive, said: "It's important we keep industry moving forward, especially in the current economic crisis and I'm sure more companies in Wales could use flexible working to boost performance and support staff.
Kane, who is founder and chairman of the Wales Quality Centre, said companies needed to be more creative to see off competition from Eastern Europe, China and India.