Proposing several new initiatives for freight business, Banerjee said Railways would introduce a modified wagon investment scheme for high capacity general purpose and special purpose wagons for carrying iron ore, coal and cement.
What does WIS stand for?
WIS stands for Wagon Investment Scheme (Indian Railways)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of WIS
We have 125 other meanings of WIS in our Acronym Attic
- Water Immersion Restrained Stress
- Water Industry Registration Scheme (UK)
- Watershed Information Resource System
- Welsh Institute of Rural Studies (University of Wales; Aberystwyth, Wales, UK)
- Workplace Industrial Relations Survey (UK)
- World Institute of Retired Scientists
- West Indies Rum and Spirits Producers Association
- Web Interaction Response Time
- West Indies Rugby Union
- Wachovia Insurance Services, Inc. (now Wells Fargo Insurance Services USA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Also there would be modifications of the wagon investment scheme.