Observations from NASA's infrared Spitzer Space Telescope and the visible-light WIYN telescope atop Kitt Peak in Arizona show that the plume contains old, red stars--exactly the type expected to make up the main stellar population in old elliptical galaxies.
What does WOCS stand for?
WOCS stands for WIYN (Wisconsin, Indiana, Yale, NOAO (National Optical Astronomy Observatory) Consortium) Open Cluster Study (astronomy)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of WOCS
We have 12 other meanings of WOCS in our Acronym Attic
- Women’s Consortium of Nigeria (Nigeria)
- Web-Based Operator Control Panel
- Women of Child Bearing Potential
- World Organization of China Painters
- Worldwide Organization for Collaborations in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Women of Color Partnership Program (est. 1985)
- Ways of Coping Questionnaire
- Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre (Canada)
- Warrant Officer Candidate School
- Ways of Coping Scale (psychology)
- Work Order Control System
- Workshop on Optics and Computer Science
- World of Cross Stitching (magazine)
- Wheeler Orchid Collection and Species Bank (Ball State University; Muncie, IN)
- Workshop on Compound Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits Europe
- Warrant Officer Communications Technician (Royal Navy)
- Waste Oil Collection Tank
- Willys Overland Club of Victoria (Australia)
- Wing Operation Center Wargame (Model)
- Werkverband Organisaties Chronisch Zieken (Dutch)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Using the WIYN Telescope atop Kitt Peak near Tucson, Walter M.