4 (ANI): Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Friday congratulated veteran social activist Anna Hazare on breaking his 19-day vow of silence.
What does VOS stand for?
VOS stands for Vow of Silence
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of VOS
We have 77 other meanings of VOS in our Acronym Attic
- Voice Operated Switch
- Voice Over Sound
- Voices of Soul (Brandeis University; Boston, MA)
- Vojenske Obranne Spravodajstvo (Military Defense Service, Slovakia)
- Volatile Organic Substance
- Voltage Overscaling
- Voluntary Observing Ship (NOAA Climate Project)
- Volunteer Observing Ships Programme (World Meteorological Organization, Geneve, Switzerland)
- Volunteer Observing System
- Vooruitstrevend Overleg Studenten (Dutch: students university council; Groningen)
- Voluntary Observing System Expendable Bathythermograph
- Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (UK Ministry for Transport)
- Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (UK)
- Verbal Orders of Secretary of the Army
- Veterans of Overseas Service of America Inc.
- Vetronics Open Systems Architecture
- Victorian Orff Schulwerk Association (Victoria, Australia music educators)
- Village Operations Support Area (Olympic games)
- Volkswagen Owners of San Antonio
- Veteran-Owned Small Business
Samples in periodicals archive:
New Delhi Anti-corruption crusader Anna Hazare has decided to continue with his vow of silence which was supposed to end yesterday.
Yet while the pair took a vow of silence on referee Alan Muir's performance, which altered the course of an engrossing match, their body language and general demeanour suggested they were less than amused by the decision.
St Mirren counterpart Gus MacPherson held back his opinions on the sending off - instead taking the vow of silence encouraged by the SFA's referees chief Hugh Dallas.
He should have taken a vow of silence after that cringeworthy marriage proposal live on TV after the Euro exit.