More than half of the states, including California, New York, Ohio and Illinois, now require that electronic voting machines produce voter-verified paper records, which help ensure that votes are properly recorded.
What does VVPR stand for?
VVPR stands for Voter-Verified Paper Record
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VVPR
- Voter Verified Paper Ballot (aka VVAT, Voter Verified Audit Trail)
- Vietnam Veterans Peace Education Network
- Vinzenz Von Paul Hospital (Germany)
- Vlaamse Vereniging voor Particuliere Kinderopvang (Dutch: Flemish Association for Private Childcare; Belgium)
- Vereniging Voor Pianotechnici Nederland (Dutch: Netherlands Association for Piano Technicians; The Netherlands)
- Voice Virtual Private Network
- Van Vorst Park Neighborhood Watch (New Jersey)
- Vitrectomy Via Pars Plana (medical procedure)
- Phan Rang Vietnam (airport code)
- Verminderde Voorheffing Précompte Réduit (Belgium dividend coupon)
- Variable Voltage Power Supply
- Vessel Violations Profile System
- Victorian Veterinary Pathology Services (Victoria, Australia)
- Voter-Verified Paper Trail (electronic voting machines)
- Vlaamse Vaste Planten Vereniging (Flemish Hardy Plant Society)
- Variable Volume Reheat
- Verkehrsverbund Rottweil GmbH (German)
- Veterans Volunteer Reserve (Manitoba, Canada)
- Vicks Vapor Rub (cold relief product)
- Vintage Vee Racing
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report called into question basic assumptions of many election officials by finding that the systems in 14 states using voter-verified paper records without requiring automatic audits are of questionable security value.
Of the 26 states that mandate voter-verified paper records, only 12 require regular audits.