They make recommendations to FEMA and discuss the National Response Framework, the role of National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters in information sharing, and improvements FEMA has made to services.
What does VOAD stand for?
VOAD stands for Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of VOAD in our Acronym Attic
- Visa on Arrival (various locations)
- Voice of Africa
- Voice Of America
- Volatile Organic Analysis
- Volatile Organic Analyzer
- Volatile Organic Aromatic Compound
- Volunteers of America
- Voice Over ATM Adaption Layer 2 (telephony service over ATM network, alternative to VoIP)
- Volunteers of America Bay Area
- Voice of America Coverage Analysis Program
- Voice Over Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (Cisco, Lucent, Nortel)
- Volunteers of America Delaware Valley
- Vibrating Orifice Aerosol Generator
- Victorian Office of the Auditor-General (Australia)
- Vocational Agriculture
- Voice of A Generation
- Volunteers of America Greater New Orleans
- Virtual Oral/Aural History Archive
- Valkyrie Owners Association International (motorcycle owners club)
- Victory Over Addiction International, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
Recommendation: To help these voluntary organizations better prepare for providing mass care in major and catastrophic disasters, the Secretary of Homeland Security should direct the Administrator of FEMA to clarify the Homeland Security Grant Program funding guidance for states so it is clear that voluntary organizations and local Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOADs) are among those eligible to be subgrantees under the program.