Lal notes that the most notorious voluntary export restraint, the Multi-Fibre Agreement, imposed a direct cost of $24 billon on U.
What does VER stand for?
VER stands for Voluntary Export Restraint
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of VER
We have 40 other meanings of VER in our Acronym Attic
- Verified Emissions Reductions
- Version (MS-DOS command)
- Vertical Ejection Rack
- Vertical Ejector Rack
- Visual Evoked Response
- Volume Expansion Ratio
- Voluntary Early Retirement (Australia)
- Voluntary Emissions Reduction
- Voluntary Export Restriction
- Vereinte Dienstleistungsgewerkschaft (German Service Union)
- Vereinte Dienstleistungsgewerkschaft (German United Services Labor Union)
- Valued Elder Recognition Awards (Centre on Aging; Canada)
- Verantwortung für die Entsorgung Radioaktiver Abfälle
- VerenigingsRaad (Netherlands)
- Verifiable Estimates for Risk Assessment
- Vermont Environmental Research Associates, Inc.
- Verzeichnis Edv-Relevanter Akronyme (German: Virtual Entity of Relevant Acronyms; website)
- Veterans Educational Resources Agency
Samples in periodicals archive:
The supplier relations in (3a) and (2) and the demand equations in (1) can be solved for the unknown prices and quantities in terms of aggregate variables to yield the following reduced forms: [MATHEMATICAL EXPRESSION NOT REPRODUCIBLE IN ASCII] (5) As before, the parameters can vary across models, so an increase in the voluntary export restraint can have a different effect on, say, a model produced in Japan than it does on a model produced in the United States.
economic relationship has revolved around voluntary export restraints imposed on Japan to reduce its trade surplus with the U.
Lastly, country A also could restrict its imports by using a voluntary export restraint.
The drop in the past months apparently reflects voluntary export restraints by major Japanese steelmakers under the threat of antidumping duties.
Daley said the United States will seek voluntary export restraints by Japanese steelmakers to stop the import surge.
Grey-area measures such as voluntary export restraints are to be phased out.