The spokesman added the airline had agreed the unions would come forward with an expected Voluntary Early Retirement scheme within a week.
What does VERS stand for?
VERS stands for Voluntary Early Retirement Scheme (Australia and UK)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of VERS
We have 7 other meanings of VERS in our Acronym Attic
- Verify Read Access
- Voluntary Emission Recall Report
- VLTA (Very Large Transport Aircraft) Emergency Requirements Research Evacuation Study
- Viscosity Enhanced Root Repair Material (dentistry)
- Voluntary Early Release And Retirement Program
- Verband Ehemaliger Rostocker Studenten (German: Association of Former Rostock Students; University of Rostock; Rostock, Germany)
- Versine (trigonometric function)
- Victorian Electronic Records Strategy (Public Record Office Victoria; Australia)
- Vikramshila Education Resource Society (est. 1989; India)
- Verification Execution and Rewrite System for ACSR (Algebra of Communicating Shared Resources)
- Versatile System Architecture (Genrad)
- Versatile Contour Measuring Machine
- Variable Rate Selective Excitation (Magnetic Resonance Imaging)
- Verbal Expressions Rejecting Society's Expectations (Normal, Illinois)
- Vertical Rail Stiffness Equipment
- Venezuelan Resource Secretariat for Indigenous Knowledge
- VLF/ELF (Very Low Frequency/Extremely Low Frequency) Remote Sensing of the Ionosphere and Magnetosphere (working group)
- Velocity Enhanced Resistance Training (sports fitness program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The mission recommends a front-loaded fiscal adjustment to restore fiscal sustainability, including an upfront reduction in the wage bill of SZL 300 million, additional cuts in non-priority recurrent expenditures, and the implementation of the Enhanced Voluntary Early Retirement Scheme.
The union claims self-rostering, due to be introduced in April 2011, will mean fewer firefighters are needed to man stations in Penarth, Maesteg and New Inn, Pontypool, and consequently lead to the loss of at least 50 firefighters through the means either of redundancy or a voluntary early retirement scheme.
removing the voluntary early retirement scheme doesn't have to be one of them.
We are confident that we will achieve the necessary reduction through natural wastage and a voluntary early retirement scheme.
However, thirty of the men have indicated that they wish to retire with a number availing of the voluntary early retirement scheme.