It was taken in 1925 during Middlesbrough carnival week and shows a gathering of Middlesbrough Joint Voluntary Aid Detachment.
What does VAD stand for?
VAD stands for Voluntary Aid Detachment
This definition appears frequently
See other definitions of VAD
We have 88 other meanings of VAD in our Acronym Attic
- Vincristine, Adriamycin, Dexamethasone (chemotherapy regimen)
- Virginia Association of the Deaf
- Virtual Agent Desktop
- Visual Asset Database (McGraw-Hill)
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Voice Activated Dialing
- Voice Activated Dictation
- Voice Activity Detection
- Voice Activity Detector
- Voitures Anciennes Daveluyville (French; Canadian classic car festival)
- Volunteer Assignment Description
- Vulnerability Assessment Device
- Vice Admiral Destroyers (US Navy)
- Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Variation Data
- VFR Arrival Delay Advisory
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Automobile Dealers Association
- Virginia Dressage Association
- Visual Arts Development Awards
Samples in periodicals archive:
Efforts varied from privately funding and operating their own women's hospitals located near battle zones to joining Voluntary Aid Detachment units or enrolling with auxiliary nursing services such as Red Cross hospitals.
Also commemorated are four nurses and another four voluntary aid detachment workers who lost their lives in the 1918 influenza epidemic.