Farmers gave their financial backing in January 2006 to take over in the summer of that year the role established by Cumbria's Rural Futures, a project of Voluntary Action Cumbria, to help them meet change and secure their own futures as well as that of rural Cumbria.
What does VAC stand for?
VAC stands for Voluntary Action Cumbria (England, UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VAC
We have 272 other meanings of VAC in our Acronym Attic
- Visual Arts Competition (various locations)
- Vital Area Center
- Vitamin A Capsule
- Vlaams Agrarisch Centrum (Belgium)
- Voice Activity Compression
- Voltage in Alternating Current (electromagnetics)
- Volts Alternating Current
- Voluntary Action Camden (England, UK)
- Voluntary Action Cardiff (Wales, UK)
- Voluntary Action Center
- Volunteer Ambulance Corps
- VPN Accelerator Card
- Vulnerability Assessment Certification
- Vulnerability Assessment Committee
- Vultures Are Circling (impending death implication)
- Vacuum And Component Data
- Victorian AIDS Council/Gay Men's Health Centre (AIDS Organisation, Melbourne, Australia)
- Valve Anti Cheat 2 (Counter Strike video game)
- Helicobacter Pylori Vacuolating Toxin
- Vietnamese American Civic Association (Massachusetts)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Other groups to be awarded cash included Voluntary Action Cumbria which helps individuals in rural areas and mental health charity Mind in Cumbria.
Other groups to benefit yesterday's included Northumbria Youth Action, which will receive pounds 20,000 to help young people develop skills and get a job, Voluntary Action Cumbria which helps individuals in rural areas and mental health charity Mind in Cumbria.
Supported by Veronica Waller from the Cumbria Fells and Dales Leader plus programme and Will Rawling from Voluntary Action Cumbria, the trial was set up to identify the quality of local lamb available throughout the year.
The trainees are paid pounds 5 an hour for a 37-hour week and are classed as employees of Voluntary Action Cumbria.
There are three basic strands to the Hesket Newmarket co-operative, set up with the invaluable help of Voluntary Action Cumbria, a Penrith-based charitable organisation.
Voluntary Action Cumbria is funding the three- year project, which is being carried out in conjunction with MLC Signet's Northern Uplands Sheep Strategy.
Rural Futures is a pilot project running until the end of March next year, under the umbrella of Penrith-based Voluntary Action Cumbria and managed by former ADAS adviser Paul Harper.