TAQA acquired a 90% stake in the Takoradi 2 plant in 2007, with the Volta River Authority (VRA) holding the remaining 10% share.
What does VRA stand for?
VRA stands for Volta River Authority
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VRA
We have 101 other meanings of VRA in our Acronym Attic
- Veterans Recruitment Appointment
- Veterans' Readjustment Authority
- Veterans' Recruitment Act
- Veterans' Recruitment Authority
- Vibration Resistant Anchor (construction)
- Virginia Recycling Association
- Visual Resources Association
- Vocational Rehabilitation Act of 1793
- Voice Risk Analysis
- Volatile Removal Assembly
- Voluntary Restraint Agreement
- Volunteer Rescue Association ( Australia)
- Voting Rights Act of 1965
- Voyage Repair Availability (US DoD)
- Vulcan Riders Association (motorcycle club)
- Vulnerability Risk Assessment
- Vereniging Rotterdamse Arbeidsrecht Advocaten (Dutch: Association of Rotterdam Employment Law Attorneys)
- Veterans Review and Appeal Board (Canada)
- Vernon Regional Adult Basic Education (Connecticut)
- VHF Repeater Advisory Committee (ARRL ham radio consortium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Summary: Abu Dhabi National Energy Company, also known as Taqa and its partner, Volta River Authority (VRA), have completed $330 million financing for the expansion of the Takoradi 2 power plant in Ghana.
Ghana's Volta River Authority (VRA) power utility then said the pipeline had been successfully filled and commissioned.
She said the chamber was currently in "hard negotiations" with the Volta River Authority, which relies mainly on diesel-run power stations and hydroelectricity to supply mines with power amid a global rise in fuel prices.
In an exclusive interview with the ISD, the Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Volta River Authority (VRA), Mr.
Byline: Zurich ABB, the leading power and automation technology group, has won an order worth over $13 million from the Volta River Authority in Ghana, to supply equipment to improve the country's power transmission network.
BPLG), Pittsburg, a smart grid technology company dedicated to leading the transformation of energy efficiency and reliability, has announced that the company has signed a 5-year modern grid contract in partnership with BPL Africa, with Ghana's national utility, Volta River Authority (VRA).