The Braunschweig scientists observed similar phenomena - the formation of ultra-fine particles of volatile organic substances when heated - during typical household activities such as cooking, baking, or making toast.
What does VOS stand for?
VOS stands for Volatile Organic Substance
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VOS
We have 77 other meanings of VOS in our Acronym Attic
- Virtual Operating System
- Virtual Orchestra Studio
- Visit Our Sponsor
- Visus Oculi Sinistri (Latin: Vision - Left Eye)
- Vluchtige Organische Stoffen (Dutch: Volatile Organic Matter)
- Voice of the Shuttle (humanities-related resources website)
- Voice Operated Switch
- Voice Over Sound
- Voices of Soul (Brandeis University; Boston, MA)
- Vojenske Obranne Spravodajstvo (Military Defense Service, Slovakia)
- Voltage Overscaling
- Voluntary Observing Ship (NOAA Climate Project)
- Volunteer Observing Ships Programme (World Meteorological Organization, Geneve, Switzerland)
- Volunteer Observing System
- Vooruitstrevend Overleg Studenten (Dutch: students university council; Groningen)
- Vow of Silence
- Voluntary Observing System Expendable Bathythermograph
- Vehicle & Operator Services Agency (UK Ministry for Transport)
- Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (UK)
- Verbal Orders of Secretary of the Army
Samples in periodicals archive:
It is a product of photochemical oxidation between oxides of nitrogen and volatile organic substances.