Summary: Many societies across the world continue to remain male dominated with the voices of women remaining unheard.
What does VOW stand for?
VOW stands for Voices of Women (various locations)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VOW
We have 29 other meanings of VOW in our Acronym Attic
- Victims of Violence Program
- Canadian Voice of Women for Peace
- Valley of Wisdom (World of Warcraft)
- Value of Work
- Video of the Week (online video sharing)
- Village of Wheeling (Illinois)
- Virtual Office Web Site (real estate)
- Virtual Online War (gaming)
- Voice of Warriors
- Voice Orderwire
- Volcano Warning
- Volunteers for Outdoor Washington
- Vereinigung für Ökologische Wirtschaftsforschung (German: Association for Ecological Research)
- Virginia Outdoor Writers Association
- Vowel-Oriented Word Attack Course
- Value of Work Done
- Voluntary Organizations Working in Health (Canada)
- Voice Over Wireless Fidelity
- Voice Over Wireless Internet Protocol
Samples in periodicals archive:
Told through the inspiring voices of women general counsel, and refreshingly free of platitudes and generalities, this book places their stories in a broad historical and empirical context and distills important career lessons and choices that other women can replicate.
Yet, there was one glaring omission: The voices of women who have had abortions.
The 14 stories and novellas represent emerging voices of women who have adopted a feminist ideology and a willingness to write of their experiences of religious and personal lives in Israel and the world outside its borders.
Through recording the voices of women who lost husbands in these wars, or who greeted emotionally and physically scarred survivors, Damousi achieves a noteworthy accomplishment.
This book, full of examples and the voices of women living with violence, documents the progression of this project.