It is also very important that the vendor support digital networking formats, such as Voice Profile for Internet Mail (VPIM), which allows users to send messages across the Internet or corporate Intranet.
What does VPIM stand for?
VPIM stands for Voice Profile for Internet Mail (EMA)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 2 other meanings of VPIM in our Acronym Attic
- Victorian Poisons Information Centre (est. 1962; Australia)
- Virginia Public Inquiry Center (emergencies)
- Voluntary Petroleum Investigation and Cleanup (Minnesota Pollution Control Agency; St. Paul, MN)
- Virtual Programmable Interrupt Controller Device
- Virtual Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Video Payload Identifier (video player packets)
- Virtual Path Identifier
- VKI (Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics) Particle Image Displacement Velocimetry (technical periodical)
- Vice Provost, Information and Educational Technology (University of California, Davis)
- Vice President Industrial Liaison
- Vigilant Perioperative Information Management System (healthcare)
- Virginia Project Information Management System
- Virtual Plant Information Network
- Videos Playing in Place (software)
- Voluntarily Put Money in Pot (Poker)
- Vacmet Packagings (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Vermont Public Interest Research and Education Fund
- Vermont Public Interest Research Group
- Vendor Pay Inquiry System (DFAS)
- Vendor Print Index and Schedule
Samples in periodicals archive:
For example, the new voice profile for Internet mail (VPIM) and the fax profile for Internet mail (FPIM) standards enable SMTP-based e-mail to transport voice mail and faxes.
For voice and fax interchange over the Internet, there is the Voice Profile for Internet Mail (VPIM), created by the cross-industry EMA, which is rapidly gaining acceptance.
The technologies reviewed include voice messaging, unified messaging, speech recognition, voice profile for Internet mail (VPIM ), enhanced service platform (ESP), auto attendant, customer premises equipment (CPE), service providers, PCS, GSM, ADSL, ISDN, cellular, wireless, graphical user interface (GUI), PBX, PC, RBOC, CLEC, IXC, intelligent networking (IN), OEM, VAR, and SI.
Baypoint Innovations is leading the charge to develop Voice Profile for Internet Mail interoperability by providing the only VPIM-capable Exchange 5.
iPost's innovative support for the Voice Profile for Internet Mail (VPIM) standard allows voice and fax messages to be accessed with any POP-3 compatible e-mail client.
AVT was first-to-market with IP faxing on its RightFAX product, and one of the first to provide Internet-based voice messaging using the Voice Profile for Internet Mail (VPIM) standard within CallXpress.
NetConnect, AVT's digital networking module, allows users to exchange voice and fax messages with users of other voice messaging systems across the Internet or corporate intranet, using the Voice Profile for Internet Mail (VPIM) protocol.