38 real-time fax relaying for VoIP equipment interoperability, voice activity detection for silence compression, comfort noise generation for a more natural speaking experience, and 5.
What does VAD stand for?
VAD stands for Voice Activity Detection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VAD
We have 88 other meanings of VAD in our Acronym Attic
- Vidéo À La Demande (French: Video on Demand)
- Video Archive and Dissemination
- Ville et Aménagement Durable (French: Sustainable City and Urban Planning; France)
- Vincristine, Adriamycin, Dexamethasone (chemotherapy regimen)
- Virginia Association of the Deaf
- Virtual Agent Desktop
- Visual Asset Database (McGraw-Hill)
- Vitamin A Deficiency
- Voice Activated Dialing
- Voice Activated Dictation
- Voice Activity Detector
- Voitures Anciennes Daveluyville (French; Canadian classic car festival)
- Voluntary Aid Detachment
- Volunteer Assignment Description
- Vulnerability Assessment Device
- Vice Admiral Destroyers (US Navy)
- Vancouver Academy of Dramatic Arts
- Variation Data
- VFR Arrival Delay Advisory
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
Samples in periodicals archive:
The VMUX features the TDMoIP framing and aggregation technique that delivers superior bandwidth-efficiency, down to 4kb/s per channel and supports voice activity detection (VAD), silence suppression and comfort noise generation (CNG), the company claims.
MUSIC Pro builds on the success of its predecessors, MUSIC and MUSIC Digital, and was designed with Siemens' Voice Activity Detection (VAD) system and an enhanced set of fully digital features.
They also feature a new feedback management system, improved voice activity detection, and acoustic indicators for program change and power management.