They mostly operate based on Visual Flight Rule, in contrast to bigger passenger aircraft which operate in Instrument Flight Rules.
What does VF stand for?
VF stands for Visual Flight (rules)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VF
We have 33 other meanings of VF in our Acronym Attic
- Virologic Failure
- Virtu Financial, LLC (New York, NY)
- Virtua Fighter (Sega game)
- Virtual Factor
- Virtual Factory
- Virtual Function (computing)
- Visceral Fat
- Visions Fantastic (Disneyland website)
- Visit Florida
- Visual Field
- Vocal Fremitus
- Vodafone (UK)
- Voice Frequency
- Vojska Federacije (Serbian: Federation Army)
- Voltage Flicker
- Vryheidsfront (South Africa freedom front)
- Valley Forge Interactive Guide Map
- Vintage Fashion and Costume Jewelry Club (Glen Oaks, NY)
- All-Weather Fighter Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used from 1959 to 1963)
- Fighter (All-Weather) Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used from 1959 to 1963)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He had completed two successful VTOs into the visual flight rules pattern.
Surrounded by a tall wall of mountains and located at an altitude of over 7,000 feet, Drukair operates out of one of the world's most challenging airports at Paro, where approach is by Visual Flight Rules (VFR) only.
A Porter Airlines Inc flight was on an instrument flight rules (IFR) service to the Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport, southeast of the airport, the flight was cleared for a visual approach to Runway 08, meanwhile another Porter Airlines Inc flight was departing Runway 08 on an IFR flight eastbound with a clearance to depart under visual flight rules.
After landing, every hundredth pilot will receive a coupon while registering with which they can pick up a free Visual Flight Guide at the DFS stand.
aircraft to fly closer to onshore areas than Tokyo had earlier expected under visual flight rules using two runways in a V-shaped formation to be built at the replacement base in Nago, Okinawa Prefecture.