Standard techniques for inventory and monitoring: visual encounter surveys.
What does VES stand for?
VES stands for Visual Encounter Survey (amphibians)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VES
We have 107 other meanings of VES in our Acronym Attic
- Video Editing Software (various companies)
- Video Enforcement System (electronic toll collection)
- Video Entertainment System
- Village Extension Scheme (Sudan)
- Vineland Elementary School (Florida)
- Violation Enforcement System (toll collection)
- Virginia Episcopal School (Lynchburg, VA)
- Virtual Education Space (Massachusetts Department of Education)
- Virtual Execution System (computer programming)
- Visual Effects Society
- Vitamin E Succinate
- Voluntary Euthanasia Society
- Vehicle Security Association of South Africa
- Verkkosanasto (Finnish Web Thesaurus)
- Video Electronics Standards Association
- Video Enhanced Standards Association (telecommunications)
- Video Equipment Standards Association
- Visual Evoked Spectrum Array
- Variant Erythrocyte Surface Ag 1 (aka Variant Erythrocyte Surface Antigen 1)
- Variant Erythrocyte Surface Antigen 1 (aka Variant Erythrocyte Surface Ag 1)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Timed visual encounter surveys were conducted from 15 April to 12 June 2006 at MFSFWA where researchers would walk the perimeter of the marsh and search the vegetation for turtles.
I used a modified version of a visual encounter survey during day visits to locate and count frogs (Crump and Scott 1994).
However the consultants' survey was performed without proper consideration for the annual cycle of the cricket frogs, and the surveys were conducted when the Blanchard's cricket frogs were unlikely to be found during visual encounter surveys.