It picked up a second nomination in the Yorkshire Tourist Board's Tourism Oscars and was commended in VisitBritain's Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service (VAQAS) for the quality of its customer offer and in particular praised the staff for their knowledge and customer care.
What does VAQAS stand for?
VAQAS stands for Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of VAQAS in our Acronym Attic
- Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing
- Volunteer Attorneys for People With AIDS (Seattle, WA)
- Vrij Aanvullend Pensioen Zelfstandigen (Dutch: Supplementary Pension Self-Employed)
- Electronic Attack Squadron (US Navy)
- Navy Tactical EW Squadron
- Tactical Electronics Warfare Squadron (US Navy aviation unit designation used in from 1968 to present)
- Variance Adaptive Quantization (video encoding technique)
- Visiting Airman's Quarters
- Visual Air Quality
- Voitures Anciennes du Québec (French: Classic Cars of Quebec; Quebec, Canada)
- Vaccine Against Hepatitis A
- Vice Admiral Administration British Pacific Fleet at Melbourne (various locations)
- Vaccine Administration Record (various locations)
- Vacuum Arc Remelted
- Validation Assessment Report
- Value Added Reseller
- Value Assurance Review
- Value At Risk
- Value-Added Reseller (usually of technology products)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Accommodation providers can apply for the Quality in Tourism or the AA Hotel Services standard and visitor attractions can apply for the Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service.
Byline: Helen Logan Middlesbrough's Dorman Museum played host to regional tourism bosses as it staged a national Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service (VAQAS) workshop.
The Dorman Museum in Middlesbrough welcomed regional tourism bosses when it staged a national Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service (Vaqas) workshop.
They have received accreditation certificates after successfully completing the Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service programme.