Groundbreaking mining technology, such as virtual reality labs, developed by a research consortium affiliated with Laurentian University, has caught the attention of major South American geologists.
What does V/R stand for?
V/R stands for Virtual Reality
This definition appears very frequently
See other definitions of V/R
We have 33 other meanings of V/R in our Acronym Attic
- vascular and/or lymphatic invasion
- Variance/Mean Ratio (biomedicine)
- Velocity Meter
- Volts Per Meter
- Voice Over (cinematography)
- Ventilation/Perfusion (lung function)
- Very Respectfully (closing salutation)
- Virtual Regards (email closing salutation)
- Volta Region (Ghana)
- Velocity/Substrate Concentration (parasitology)
- Vertical Speed/Vertical
- Visceral/Subcutaneous (fat ratio)
- Vulnerability/Survivability of Army Forces
- Virtual/Single Integrated Materiel Management Center
- Vertical and/or Short Take-Off and Landing (aircraft)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Abstract This paper reports a case study of 13 college students engaging in a role-play activity of a Maui legend in the synchronous web-based virtual reality environment.
Virtual reality machines, hyped in the recent films "Disclosure" and "Virtuosity," are helmets equipped with computerized visors that enable the wearer to vicariously participate in athletic events, hand-to-hand combat, air battles, marriage, or some other death-defying feat.
2) TRAINING WITH VIRTUAL REALITY Virtual reality can provide the type of training that today's law enforcement officers need.
Such are the dreams of researchers interested in virtual reality -- systems in which a human operator can interact with a computer-generated world (SN: 1/4/92, p.
|1~ Virtual reality and hypertext might be seen as similarly both scientific and poetic, and both are similarly concerned with negotiating what would otherwise be an overwhelming proliferation of data.
A rapidly growing technology called virtual reality gives new meaning to these daydreams.