The incorporation of a technology preview of storage live migration adds the flexibility to migrate virtual machine disk files between storage domains without having to power down the virtual machine.
What does VMDK stand for?
VMDK stands for Virtual Machine Disk (format)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VMDK
- Visual-Memory-Deficit Amnesia (neuropsychology)
- Virginia, Maryland & Delaware Association of Electric Cooperatives
- Vehicle Master Database
- Veterinary Medical Data Base
- VersaForm Developer of Chart (software; Vantagemed Corporation)
- Veterinair Microbiologisch Diagnostisch Centrum (Dutch: Veterinary Microbiological Diagnostic Center; Utrecht University; Netherlands)
- Viraj Mendis Defence Campaign (Sri Lanka)
- Vox Medusa Dance Company
- Vector Miss Distance Indicator
- Vajdasagi Magyarok Demokratikus Kozossege (Hungarian: Democratic Community of Vojvodina Hungarians)
- VMware Disk
- Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory (University of Missouri)
- Victorian Microelectronics Designers Network (Australia)
- Visual Media Design Network (Pine, CO)
- Voorlichting Meningsvorming Duurzame Ontwikkeling (Dutch: Information, Opinions, Sustainable Development; Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs program)
- Velocity-Matched Distributed Photodetector
- Vehicle Mounted Data System (routing system)
- Video Motion Detection System
- Vincent Mechanical Diagrams Test
- Valeur Limite de Moyenne d'Exposition Professionnelle (French: time-weighted average)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Storage Live Migration feature allows administrators to reduce downtime and improve storage efficiency and utilisation by dynamically moving virtual machine disk images between storage arrays without requiring any downtime.
That's because VMware is the only vendor using the Virtual Machine Disk Format, rather than Microsoft's Virtual Hard Disk format, according to Wolf.