Grant recipients also included the Delaware Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control ($443,233), Maryland Department of Environment ($37,500), the Virginia Institute of Marine Sciences ($392,773) and the West Virginia Department of Natural Resources ($700,000).
What does VIMS stand for?
VIMS stands for Virginia Institute of Marine Science
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VIMS
We have 34 other meanings of VIMS in our Acronym Attic
- Visualization and Intelligent Multimodal Interfaces (Lisbon, Portugal)
- Vancouver Island Métis Nation (Canada)
- Visible Multiobject Spectrograph
- Victorian Initiative for Minerals and Petroleum (Australia)
- Virtual Interoperability Meeting Place
- Vision-based On-Line Inspection of Manufactured Parts
- Vehicle Information Management System
- Vehicle Integrated Management System
- Vehicle Interactive Management System
- Virginia Institue of Marine Science (The College of William and Mary, Gloucester Point, Virginia)
- Virtual Incident Management System
- Visible and Infrared Mapping Spectrometer
- Visual Information Management System(s)
- Visualizations in Materials Science (coursework)
- Voice Interaction Management System
- Volunteers in Many Services (1967-1969)
- Voting Information Management System
- Voluntary IMO (International Maritime Organization) Member State Audit Scheme
- Virtual Institute of Microbial Stress and Survival (University of California)
- vertically integrated moisture transport
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a recent paper, published in Conservation Biology by researchers at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science at the College of William & Mary, experimental fishing pots with a biodegradable cull panel were created and fished to assess the potential effect of the pots on the blue crab catch in Chesapeake Bay.
Three diploid cohorts and 2 triploid cohorts were produced in the Aquaculture Genetics and Breeding Technology Center's (ABC's) hatchery at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science located in Gloucester Point.
It was a never-ending, massive, thriving reef,Ao said Rom Lipcius, a professor at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science who worked on the project.
But a recent survey by the Virginia Institute of Marine Science identified more than 400 such zones, from the fiords of Norway to the bays of New Zealand.
Hale of the Virginia Institute of Marine Science in Gloucester Point.
We do know that not all brominated flame retardants are the same," notes professor Robert Hale, Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg.
Musick, a marine scientist at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science in Gloucester Point, Virginia.