The new regional office is strategically located near the major ports that comprise the Port of Virginia: Norfolk International Terminals (NIT), the Port's largest terminal; the Newport News Marine Terminal (NNMT), the area's major break-bulk facility; the Portsmouth Marine Terminal with direct access to both CSX and NS railways, and that will soon connect to the Commonwealth Railway; the Virginia Inland Port (VIP); (1) and the APM Terminals Virginia, the largest privately owned container terminal in the United States.
What does VIP stand for?
VIP stands for Virginia Inland Port
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of VIP
We have 640 other meanings of VIP in our Acronym Attic
- Vierzon I-Déal Poker (poker club; Vierzon, France)
- View Interactive Programming
- Viewers In Profile
- Vines Internet Protocol (Banyan)
- Violence Intervention and Prevention (Institute)
- Violence Intervention Program
- Violet in Profusion (Petunia variety)
- Violet, Indigo, Purple
- Virgin Islands Power Yacht (Charters)
- Virginia Independence Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
Approximately 220 miles northwest of Norfolk in Front Royal is the Virginia Inland Port (VIP), which has rail access to VPA as well as direct interstate highway connections to 181 (north-south) and 1-66 (east-west), which puts it within easy reach of Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland and Ohio.