The patient was previously treated with vincristine and prednisone, followed by chemotherapy according to the R-CHOEP-14 protocol (3 cycles) (November 2003 through January 2004).
What does V+P stand for?
V+P stands for Vincristine and Prednisone (leukemia therapy)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Video & Vision
- Villains & Vigilantes (role-playing game)
- Verification and Validation, and Accreditation and Certification
- Acknowledge State Variable
- Recovery State Variable
- velocity in the middle cerebral artery
- Receive State Variable
- Very Respectfully (letter closing)
- Send State Variable
- Voice Plus Data Communications
- Voice Plus Teleprinter Unit
- Vergeltungswaffe 1 (German flying bomb used in WWII)
- Vergeltungswaffe 2 (German flying bomb used in WWII)
- Volt-Ampere (energy)
- venous to arterial circulation shunt
- Vertebro Basilar Artery (junction of the brain stem and cranial nerves)
- Voice-Biometric Enabled Watch List
Samples in periodicals archive:
At the time the study was stopped, 322 patients who responded or had stable disease following induction cyclophosphamide, vincristine and prednisone (CVP) chemotherapy had been randomized to receive either Rituxan maintenance therapy or no further treatment.
The study was designed to evaluate Rituxan plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisone (CHOP) chemotherapy compared with CHOP alone as a front-line therapy, followed by Rituxan maintenance therapy or observation.
Patients were randomized to receive six cycles of cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisone (CHOP) or CHOP-like chemotherapy alone or in combination with six doses of Rituxan (375 mg/m2).