The system would monitor the perimeters of the airports and include radar sensors, video motion detectors, closed-circuit TV monitors and electronic fences.
What does VMD stand for?
VMD stands for Video Motion Detector
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VMD
We have 48 other meanings of VMD in our Acronym Attic
- Vehicle Miles Driven (transportation)
- Vehicle Monitoring Device
- Vehicle-Mounted Detector
- Versatile Multilayer Disc
- Vertical Magnetic Dipole
- Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris (University of Pennsylvania)
- Veterinary Medicine Degree (various schools)
- Veterinary Medicine Division
- Veterinary Medicines Directorate (United Kingdom)
- Video Motion Detection
- Vintage Motorcycle Days (sponsored by the American Motorcyclist Association)
- Virtual Magnetic Dipole
- Virtual MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) Device (software)
- Visual Merchandising Display
- Visual Molecular Dynamics (molecular graphics software)
- Vitamin and Mineral Deficiency Report (Micronutrient Initiative)
- Vitelliform Macular Dystrophy
- Vlaamse Milieu Deskundigen
- Volumetric Mean Diameter
- Vitelliform Macular Degeneration Type 2
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system--camera, recorder, video motion detector, and passive infrared sensors--is contained in a hand-sized casing.
The Snoop is a self-contained covert CCTV surveillance system that includes a black-and-white CCD camera, video motion detector activation, and recording onto a memory card the size of a postage stamp.
SENS V8101N standalone video motion detector from Radionics of Salinas, California, is a self-adapting, inexpensive device that updates an analog system with a high-quality video motion detector.
The system includes a high-quality leather attache case with a black-and-white CCD camera, a 4 mm to 20 mm zoom pinhole lens, an 8 mm recorder with a time and date generator, a video motion detector, a flat four-inch monitor, and a battery pack and charging system.
Hesse's paper was titled "The Transition of Video Motion Detectors to Intelligent Scene Discrimination and Target Tracking in Automated Video Surveillance Systems.
With an intelligent video motion detector, the user defines the system's tolerances.