Beef carcass evaluation by use of a video image analysis system.
What does VIA stand for?
VIA stands for Video Image Analysis
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of VIA
We have 128 other meanings of VIA in our Acronym Attic
- Vancouver International Airport (British Columbia, Canada)
- VAX Information Architecture (DEC)
- Vehicle Internal Architecture
- Vendor Independent ASIS
- Vendors' ISDN Association
- Versatile Integrated Avionics (Honeywell)
- Versatile Interface Adaptor
- Viacom Inc. (stock symbol)
- Viaduct (US Postal service standard street suffix)
- Vicenza Institute of Architecture (University of Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Video image analysis in the Australian meat industry--precision and accuracy of predicting lean meat yield in lamb carcasses, Meat Science, Vol.
A few examples of specific topics include locomotor activity in rodents, automated video image analysis of larval zebrafish locomotor rhythms, identification of clock genes using difference gel electrophoresis, quantitative polymerase chain reaction, coimmunoprecipitation assay, manipulation of mammalian cell lines for circadian studies, and immunocytochemistry on suprachiasmatic nucleus slices.
But that is what a new research project is trying to get ( an accurate Sheep Video Image Analysis System (VIA) for predicting carcase classification and meat yield.
Making carcass structure measurements with video image analysis is another application beyond simple automatic weighing systems.
Meat quality, using diode far-depth probes, total body, electrical conductivity and video image analysis are the technologies of on-line evaluation.