The book explores the science undertaken by researchers at the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, including identifying skeletal remains, analysing DNA samples from Ned Kelly s blood-soaked possessions and physically matching injuries on bones to known bullet wounds that Ned Kelly sustained.
What does VIFM stand for?
VIFM stands for Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine (Australia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VIFM
We have 1 other meaning of VIFM in our Acronym Attic
- Vietnamese International Film Festival (est. 2003)
- Virgin Islands Fast Ferry
- Visualization Image File Format (Khoros)
- Virgin Islands Festival and Fairs Committee
- San Fernando Valley International Film Festival Inc. (California)
- Variable Interference Filter Imaging Spectrometer (remote sensing instrument)
- Vermont Interscholastic Football League
- Virginia Is for Lovers (Virginia tourism slogan)
- Vivekananda Institute of Foreign Languages (Pragathi Degree College for Women; India)
- Vi File Manager (software)
- Video Intensified Fluorescence Microscopy
- Victorian Institute of Forensic Mental Health (Australia)
- Very Important Fun Person (Carnival Cruise Lines)
- Victorian Institute of Forensic Pathology (Australia)
- Vashon Island Fire and Rescue
- Virtual Insect Flight Simulator
- Virginia Institute of Forensic Science and Medicine
- Victoria Independent Film and Video Festival (Victoria, British Columbia, Canada)
- Vancouver International Fashion Week (Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada)
- Vaccine Immune Globulin
Samples in periodicals archive:
Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine spokeswoman Deb Withers said on Sunday that they were keen to learn more.
Stephen Cordner, of the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, said: "The wear and tear is more than expected for a 25-year-old.
7 million extension of the State Coronial Services Centre provides world-class facilities for the Coroners Court of Victoria, Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine and Donor Tissue Bank of Victoria.
Four Disaster Victim Identification (DVI) experts from the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine (VIFM) will today leave for Amsterdam to assist in efforts to identify the victims of the MH17 tragedy and bring them home to their family and friends.