These include: amendments to the Criminal Code Act relating to assault on workers so that if you assault someone while they are working or volunteering and injure them, you will go to gaol ; minimum mandatory sentencing for serious assaults to ensure people who commit these offences serve their time in gaol ; Victims of crime assistance amendments to provide more financial assistance for victims of crime ; amendments to the Bail Act and the Domestic and Family Violence Act to enable the courts to order drug and alcohol tests for people on bail or under an order.
What does VoCA stand for?
VoCA stands for Victims of Crime Assistance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of VoCA
We have 5 other meanings of VoCA in our Acronym Attic
- Voltage-Operated Calcium Channel
- Volts, Open-Circuit
- Volunteer Officer Candidate (US Navy)
- Volunteers For Outdoor Colorado
- Vote of Confidence
- Vocational Education
- Velocette Owners Club of Australia
- Vermont Old Cemetery Association
- Victims of Chiropractic Abuse (Westville, CT)
- Victims of Crime Act of 1984
- Victims of Criminal Acts (various organizations)
- Victory Over Child Abuse
- View on Canadian Art
- Vision of Contemporary Art
- Vocational Opportunities Chapters of America
- Vocational Opportunities Clubs of America
- Voice of China and Asia Missionary Society, Inc. (Pasadena, CA)
- Voice of Customer Analytics (IBM Corp.)
- Voice Operational Communications Assembly
- Voice Output Communication Aids
Samples in periodicals archive:
Howard Brown, from the Victims of Crime Assistance League, said the treatment was "incredible".
An amendment to the Victims of Crime Assistance Act passed April 1 enables private groups to help crime victims.