The finding of no benefit of intensive glycemic control on CVD risk is concordant with results of 2 other trials conducted with somewhat similar cohorts, the Action in Diabetes and Vascular Disease: Preterax and Diamicron Modified Release Controlled Evaluation (ADVANCE) trial and the Veterans Affairs Diabetes Trial (VADT).
What does VADT stand for?
VADT stands for Veterans Affairs Diabetes Trial
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VADT
- Value Added and Data Services
- Variational Analysis Datum Status
- Vehicle Automated Diagnostic System
- Verdix Ada Development System
- Visual Arts Data Service
- Visual Aural Digit Span test
- Vocabulary Access and Distribution System (CDC)
- Vulcan Air Defense System
- Virginia Adult Day Services Association
- Very-high-rate Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line
- Victorian Anti-Discrimination Tribunal (Australia)
- Vinita Alcohol and Drug Treatment Center (Oklahoma)
- Vanderbilt ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) Diagnostic Teacher Rating Scale
- Vincentian Academy - Duquesne University
- Virginians against Domestic Violence
- Virtual Advanced BBS
- VKI (Von Karman Institute for Fluid Dynamics) Advanced Design of Ventilation Systems (technical periodical)
- Vibrationally-Adiabatic Distorted-Wave method
- Vale (Amtrak station code; Vale, OR)
- Validation des Acquis d'Expérience (French: Validation of Learning Through Experience; degree granting initiative; France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Veterans Affairs Diabetes Trial (VADT) showed a dramatic increase in cardiovascular events associated with frequency and intensity of hypoglycemia despite the beneficial effects of reduced hemoglobin [A.
The two cochairs of the Veterans Affairs Diabetes Trial (VADT)--Dr.
The 1,791-patient Veterans Affairs Diabetes Trial identified two predictors of cardiovascular risk--hypoglycemic episodes and the duration of diabetes--and included a secondary analysis of the safety of using rosiglitazone.