The 43-year-old now holds three world records: The highest jump from a platform (128,100 feet), the longest-distance free fall (119,846 feet) and maximum vertical velocity (833.
What does V2 stand for?
V2 stands for Vertical Velocity (roller coaster)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of V2
We have 7 other meanings of V2 in our Acronym Attic
- Venice 13
- valine polymorphism at codon 136
- V1 Receptor Agonist
- V1-Vascular Receptor (endocrinology)
- V-Groove on One Side (lumber)
- Sunshine Mint
- Take-Off Safety Speed (aviation)
- Vergeltungswaffe 2 (German flying bomb used in WWII)
- Version 2 - Ruggedized
- Voodoo 2 Graphics Card
- Vector Two-Dimensional Finite-Difference Time-Domain (mathematical analysis)
- Valleys to Coast (housing association; Bridgend, Wales, UK)
- Venture to Capital (investing)
- Voltage to Current
- Variable-Volume Chamber Cannon
- Version 2 Data Adaptor
- Voice to Enterprise (Forrester Research)
- Video to Flash (software)
- Vision 2000 Fund (est. 1994)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Positive vertical velocity of the center of mass indicates that shot was performed during the jump ascending phase, while negative vertical velocity indicates the shot was performed during the jump descending phase.
The vertical velocity profile is numerically simulated as the product of the dipole's local velocity U(r,6) and an exact Gaussian curve [e.
The Special Olympics bowler also needs to appreciate how the spin of the ball can broadcast sonic reverberations and that the ball needs to be thrown with a force parallel to the horizon while remembering that the horizontal velocity is independent of the vertical velocity.
The vertical velocity profiles are then deduced and allow to precisely quantify the dimensions of the fluidized region as a function of the vibration acceleration.
Theaircraft struck the tops of the trees in a nose-high, wings level attitude with little vertical velocity.
During experimental runs, horizontal and vertical velocity components, the corresponding signal dropouts, water level variation and signals from the synchronizing mechanism were saved.