The expertise and skill of some volunteers, particularly in vertical rescues, has proven lifesaving for cyclists, recreational walkers and rock climbers.
What does VR stand for?
VR stands for Vertical Rescue
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VR
We have 33 other meanings of VR in our Acronym Attic
- Veiligheidsrapport (Dutch: Safety Report)
- Velocity Relative
- Velocity Rotate (aviation)
- Velvet Revolver (band)
- Vendor Relations
- Ventilation and Radiation
- Ventricular Tachycardia
- Verb Root
- Verona (Italy)
- Vertical Replication
- Vertical Resolution
- Vertical Riser (telephone systems grounding)
- Verwaltungsrat (German: Board of Directors)
- Very Respectfully (closing salutation)
- VFR Military Training Route
- Vibration Reduction (Nikon camera technology)
- Vibration Reduction (Nikon)
- Victoria Regina (Queen Victoria)
- Victorian Railways (former government owned railway of the state of Victoria in Australia)
- Video Recorder
Samples in periodicals archive:
Challenging Scenarios The competition's eight rescue and extraction scenarios included confined-space rescues, sites with limited access or limited entrance, and vertical rescues that included the use of ropes and pulleys to retrieve people from high elevations.