A vertical portal is a multi-function Website that provides information to specific groups.
What does VORTAL stand for?
VORTAL stands for Vertical Portal (a subject/industry-specific web portal site)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Victorian Off Road Racing Association (Glen Iris, Victoria, Australia)
- Very Old Rare Sherry (wine)
- Victim Offender Restitution Services (Centinela Youth Services, Inc.; Hawthorne, CA)
- Vinum Optimum Rare Signatum (Latin wine term)
- Virtual Organization Resource Selector (computer science)
- Very Ordinary Rendering Toolkit (images)
- Vestibular Ocular Reflex Test (kimmetrics)
- VHF Omnidirectional (Radio) Ranging Test
- Very High Frequency Omni-Directional Radio Range Tactical Air Navigation Aid
- VHF Omnidirectional Range/Tactical Aircraft Control
- Vocabularies, Ontologies and Rules for the Enterprise
- Varian Omni Task Real-Time Executive
- Verification of the Origins of Rotation In Tornadoes Experiment
- Vortex Ring Transit Experiment (University of Michigan)
- Vortex Objective Radar Tracking and Circulation (hurricane tracking technique)
- Voice of Russia World Service
- Aircraft, Heavier Than Air, Observation-Scouting (US naval aircraft nomenclature)
- Vacuum Operated Switch (Harley-Davidson)
- Vehicle Office S
- Vehicle Operating Survey
Samples in periodicals archive:
Merrill Lynch's supermarket approach, or vertical portal strategy, serves high-net-worth customers who value expert advice and are less price-sensitive.
com are creating a world class commerce-enabled vertical portal that will be the premier resource and destination for the manufacturers, distributors and buyers of the plastics industry.
Customers include e-commerce market makers, catalogs, shopping bots and vertical portals.