The wall-mounted photosensor is provided with a crescent-shaped shield such that it only "sees" the rotating mirror and stray light within its field of view over the vertical angles 0[degrees] to 180[degrees].
What does VA stand for?
VA stands for Vertical Angle
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VA
We have 67 other meanings of VA in our Acronym Attic
- Velocity Analysis
- Ventanas Alemanas (Guatemala)
- Ventricular Atrial
- Verbal Area (audio/video chat software)
- Vérification d'Aptitude (Informatique)
- Verkaufsagent (German: Selling Agent; eBay)
- Vermont American, Inc.
- Vertex Array (game programming)
- Vertical Accelerator
- Veterans Administration (now Department of Veterans Affairs)
- Veterans Affairs
- Veterans Agency (UK government)
- Vibration Analysis
- Vibro-Acoustic (software)
- Vicar Apostolic
- Vice Admiral
- Vices Agens (Latin: Acting in Place Of, epigraphy)
- Vickers-Armstrong (British gun manufacturer)
- Victoria and Albert Order (British)
Samples in periodicals archive:
We modeled a number of scenarios using faster or slower impacts and more shallow or more vertical angles.
King reasons that long casts not only allow for maximum water coverage, but at a horizontal rather than vertical angle, when he drags the rig along bottom, it hops over bumps, which really gets the tail of the worm dancing.
It has 30x magnification, 5-second angle accuracy, an optical or laser plummet, and measures both horizontal (dual) and vertical angles (single).
Introduction The spherical coordinates of a target (horizontal angle, vertical angle and range) reported by a laser tracker suffer from systematic errors due to various geometric and optical misalignments (1).
Metrology of the optical instruments for horizontal and vertical angle measurements has some specific features and needs specific arrangements for its calibration, especially this concerns for vertical angle calibration [1, 2].