Only one option was available - a ventricular assist device - and the newest generation was being evaluated in a clinical trial at Tufts.
What does VAD stand for?
VAD stands for Ventricular Assist Device
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VAD
We have 88 other meanings of VAD in our Acronym Attic
- Value of Annual Demand
- Value-Added Data
- Value-Added Dealer
- Value-Added Distributor
- Vapor Axial Deposition
- Vascular Access Device
- Vascular Dementia
- Velocity-Azimuth Display
- Venous Access Device
- Vente a Distance (French: Distance Selling)
- Versatile Automotive Diagnostics (Surrey, British Columbia, Canada)
- Vertebral Artery Dissection
- Vertical Application Device
- Veterans Affairs Department
- Vidéo À La Demande (French: Video on Demand)
- Video Archive and Dissemination
- Ville et Aménagement Durable (French: Sustainable City and Urban Planning; France)
- Vincristine, Adriamycin, Dexamethasone (chemotherapy regimen)
- Virginia Association of the Deaf
- Virtual Agent Desktop
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sydney, Australia have agreed to develop ventricular assist devices with wireless, transcutaneous energy transfer system (TETS) technology exclusively for HeartWare.
Therefore, the development of acute renal failure in patients with cardiogenic shock should not be viewed as a contraindication to placement of a ventricular assist device as an assist to cardiac transplantation.
Arrow also signed a related agreement for the continued research and development on the CorAide ventricular assist device that has been a joint development effort of CCF and the National Institute of Health.