Mechanical ventilation may induce ventilator-associated lung injury and multi-organ failure by repetitive opening and closure and over-distention of alveoli in patients with severe hypoxaemic respiratory failure (1).
What does VALI stand for?
VALI stands for Ventilator-Associated Lung Injury
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Virtual Academic Library Environment of New Jersey (Internet database)
- Visualization and Animation Laboratory of Engineering
- Voluntary Airport Low Emissions Program (US FAA)
- Virginia Association of Local Elected Constitutional Officers
- Veterans Affairs' Loan Electronic Reporting Interface
- Virginia Leaders in Export Trade
- Validation Exercise
- Validation Facility
- Vaginally Assisted Laparoscopical Hysterectomy (medical procedure)
- Viking Age Living History Society
- Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company
- Validation Methods and Tools for Knowledge-Based Systems
- Vermont Alliance for Intelligent Drug Laws (Montpelier, VT)
- Verification And Launch of Integrated Digital Advanced Television in Europe
- Vast Active Living Intelligence System (Philip K. Dick)
- Vancouver Association of Law Libraries (Canada)
- Virginia Association of Law Libraries (Richmond, VA)
- Vista American Little League (youth baseball; Vista, CA)
- Valence (Electron Only) Model Potential
- Valorisation du Français en Asie du Sud-Est (French: Enhancement of French in Southeast Asia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ventilator Associated Lung Damage The problem of avoiding ventilator-associated lung injury (VILI)--a very active field of investigation for two decades--illustrates the complexity of the problem, how sensitive it is to the severity and stage of underlying illness, and how naive we have been to assume that mastery of VILI avoidance can be achieved by adopting simple guidelines for setting PEEP and tidal volume.
Ventilator-associated lung injury in patients without acute lung injury at the onset of mechanical ventilation.