Kariya, Mar 22, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - DENSO Corporation, in collaboration with Tongji University (Shanghai), will test vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) technology on public roads in Taicang, Jiangsu Province, China from Mar.
What does V2I stand for?
V2I stands for Vehicle-to-Infrastructure
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Vector Two-Dimensional Finite-Difference Time-Domain (mathematical analysis)
- Valleys to Coast (housing association; Bridgend, Wales, UK)
- Venture to Capital (investing)
- Voltage to Current
- Variable-Volume Chamber Cannon
- Version 2 Data Adaptor
- Voice to Enterprise (Forrester Research)
- Video to Flash (software)
- Vision 2000 Fund (est. 1994)
- Minimum Take-Off Steady Speed (aviation)
- Voice and Video Over Internet Protocol
- Virtual to Physical
- Vasopressin-2 Receptor
- Vehicle-to-Roadside (wireless vehicle communication)
- Virtual to Real
- Vision to Reality (mobile computing; Schriesheim, Germany)
- V-Groove on Two Sides (lumber)
- Vision to Technology
Samples in periodicals archive:
9 GHz dedicated short range communication devices in more than 2,800 vehicles to test their ability to wirelessly communicate from vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) and vehicle-to-infrastructure (V2I) collectively known as V2X technology.
These are wireless networks spontaneously formed between moving vehicles equipped with wireless interfaces of similar or different technologies that allow vehicle-to-vehicle or vehicle-to-infrastructure communications.
Honda will unveil the results of its research into HMI (Human Machine Interface) using vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication technologies optimized for a variety of vehicles and traffic situations.
The prototype vehicles are available with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications systems.
Imagine if you could avoid an accident by receiving data while driving that the road has been made slick due to rain (rain sensors and traction control sensors on a vehicle-to-infrastructure communication) and in your car an emergency brake warning is sent from a vehicle 10 cars ahead alerting you that defensive or evasive action must be taken.