All three organizations SAE International, DIN and the IEEE-SA already have made significant contributions in standards in areas such as EVs, vehicle-to-grid (V2G) communications, power and the smart grid.
What does V2G stand for?
V2G stands for Vehicle-to-Grid
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Voodoo 2 Graphics Card
- Vector Two-Dimensional Finite-Difference Time-Domain (mathematical analysis)
- Valleys to Coast (housing association; Bridgend, Wales, UK)
- Venture to Capital (investing)
- Voltage to Current
- Variable-Volume Chamber Cannon
- Version 2 Data Adaptor
- Voice to Enterprise (Forrester Research)
- Video to Flash (software)
- Vision 2000 Fund (est. 1994)
- Minimum Take-Off Steady Speed (aviation)
- Voice and Video Over Internet Protocol
- Virtual to Physical
- Vasopressin-2 Receptor
- Vehicle-to-Roadside (wireless vehicle communication)
- Virtual to Real
- Vision to Reality (mobile computing; Schriesheim, Germany)
- V-Groove on Two Sides (lumber)
Samples in periodicals archive:
While its counterpart, vehicle-to-grid (V2G), requires many vehicles to be aggregated to provide a useful amount of power to support the grid, and is also limited by the extent that grid operators are incentivized to develop the market structures and technologies, even a single PEV can be of value to a commercial or residential building.
The product is commonly referred to as a vehicle-to-grid system.
The annual conference features information about plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, charting station logistics, vehicle-to-grid and grid-to-vehicle interaction, battery technology surges, vision and opportunity for solar, wind and public utilities, fleet applications and regional pilot projects.
A major difference between this bus project and earlier projects is Hydrogenics' proprietary vehicle-to-grid technology.
All three organizations--SAE International, DIN and the IEEE-SA--already have made significant contributions in standards in areas such as EVs, vehicle-to-grid (V2G) communications, power and the smart grid.
PEV telematics would also aid in vehicle-to-grid (V2G) energy transfer, which will tap the energy stored in PEVs to help manage demand response and balance the grid, Pike Research said.