Increased sympathetic nervous system output and increased expression of multiple hormones including vasoactive intestinal polypeptide, gastrin, secretin, and motilin during exercise commonly manifest in the athlete as lower gastrointestinal distress.
What does VIP stand for?
VIP stands for Vasoactive Intestinal Polypeptide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of VIP
We have 640 other meanings of VIP in our Acronym Attic
- Valued Impression per Pound
- VAM Intelligent Protection (Vincera)
- Vanilla Ice Posse (band)
- Vanity Is Perfection (online group)
- Vanpool Incentive Program
- Variable Incentive Pay
- Variable Information Processing
- Variable Insurance Products
- Variation in Production (music)
- Vasoactive Intestinal Peptide
Samples in periodicals archive:
In some of their earliest work, Paul and his colleagues reported that people with asthma have antibodies that cleave an antiinflammatory protein called vasoactive intestinal polypeptide.